Saturday, November 27, 2010

Magic Wands


In the quickest turn-around for projects so far, I built and finished the wands for the bow this weekend. The two different sizes are intentional, I wanted a couple of options for wands to experiment with so they're about an inch different in length from each other but the same width. The carbon plate was laid up a couple of weeks ago and put aside while the carbon rods showed up this past Monday. A quick slot cut in the rod and bond the plates in followed by a layer of carbon on either side for strength and looks and the job was nearly done. Finished off with some UV inhibitor based resin. I also coated the prodder base with the UV resin and now the lower mast is done and ready for the first rigging day in the driveway. I can't wait for that day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have just bought an Axiom 4 circa 2008 and am rebuilding/redesigning the flap control system including building wands. Im struggling to find dimensions for the wand length, can you help? Is your paddle design the accepted one or is this your own work? Ive also read about in-flight retractable wand systems but cant find any info or pics to guide me. Im based in the NW of the UK and there are no other Moths close by so Im doing everything on my own with assistance from the internet and am anxious not to reinvent the wheel if I dont have to so any advice would be gratefully recieved. Thanks. Rob Cruickshank

    ReplyDelete