Thursday, December 31, 2009

A lot of carbon


I forgot to post a picture of the hull as it currently is. The picture is from the day after I came home with the hull, mast(2 pieces), boom and the rack tubing. A lot of carbon. The hull is carbon with nomex honeycomb core and is a Chinchillazilla hull from Bobby and Nat in SoCal. It was hull #1 that they didn't want so they sold it to me. I've started to fair the bow a little to square it off a bit more (I had to get that done for the bunk creation) and other than that, I've left it alone for now. I'll be working on the deck layup in March and assembly from March until early June. I've assembled craft foam into a large block to create a male mold for the foredeck. Nat and Bobby went with an Assassin style strut on the bow, no foredeck, but I'll be a little more traditional. Also, big thanks to George at West Coast Sailing for parts and info. I'm going to use a lot of stock Bladerider parts to both keep the build faster and simpler and George has been a big help.

No comments:

Post a Comment