Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fitting out the boom



Today I took advantage of the nice 40deg weather to open the garage and work on the boom. First I cut the hole for the outhaul thru-deck and then I drilled the hole for the dead-end for the outhaul line. After that it was off to the forward end of the boom where I created a template to be able to duplicate the cuts for the boom. When that was completed, I drilled a hole to thread the lashing for the forward outhaul turn block through. A dremel tool with a cutting disk made quick work of almost all of this cutting today. All that's left is to drill the holes for the gooseneck bolt and to dress the holes that I cut. Then I'll rig the outhaul and start to work on the mainsheet and vang strop keepers. Another small project was to prepare the spreader bracket. I drilled the sheaves out of the spreader bracket and a back-up spreader bracket. Next is to install that bracket on the mast and then work on the shroud terminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment